Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cabbage Capers Continue

Six more savoy cabbages and three purple cabbages were delivered today along with three 3 lb cauliflowers.  All are huge and beautiful.  Then there were two kinds of green beans: pole beans and wide beans.  I did up the beans first and produced 10 pints of beans.  That was the easy job.  Then I made 3 batches of pickled Brussels sprouts and cauliflower.  I had to go to two stores before I found enough sprouts.  Next I have to find something different for the savoy and purple cabbages. I have a feeling there will be more coming and I will have to get really inventive or repeat some recipes. Nothing wrong with that I was just hoping to be really creative.  Other options I have considered are corned beef and cabbage, sweet and sour soup and another pickled cauliflower recipe.  I sure hope these folks like cabbage!!

No comments: