Friday, July 23, 2010

Cabbage Capers Day Three


Cabbage, cabbage, cabbage.  I think it, dream it, make it and then there is more.  Today I picked up more boxes of quart jars and some groceries and am making killer huge beef veggie soups.  I have my two largest pots going with the base of the soup and I decided to put the shredded cabbage in late in the game so it doesn't cook too  much before canning.  The soup will have to be pressure canned.  I will still have three red cabbages and one green cabbage left.  I hear the garden even has more!  One good thing is cabbage isn't fattening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

About cabbage......I have soooo much cabbage and we love cornbeef and cabbage. So...I'm thinking I'll make a bunch of it and then vaccum seal it (minus the potatoes) and freeze. Will this work for me or is there a better way? I don't have a pressure cooker and I'm not sure if how to can it without adding liquid to it ( I like mine with very little juice). Please advise. Thanks