Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Toasty Tuesday

It is a sunny Tuesday morning and I am having my coffee beside the wood stove with Mister T, the Dachshund, snuggling in my lap.  Hopefully the sun will last today and I will be able to haul in some firewood without it getting wet.  I have it stored under heavy duty tarps but it does have that damp feeling after several wet days.

I have been sewing up a storm and will have a surprise later on today.  I will be doing my first give-a-way especially for Valentine's Day!!  Check back later and you will see what I have been up to.

I have to make another trip to Albertson's to take advantage of a sale they are having on Quaker products.  Even though I make my own oatmeal packages, she insists it is easier for her to buy the packages.  If I pull it off I will get some boxes for free!  If you want to know the formula go to Puget Sound Providence and read about her trip to Albertson's.

This is for the Washington readers of course.  Those of you from other countries will just have to bear with me when I drone on about our coupon system.  I did notice some new readers from India today and want to welcome you.  I would love to hear from you if you would like to comment or send me an email.  I would like to know what you find interesting in this blog.  It never ceases to amaze me when I see folks popping in from other places in the world. Today the list of countries that have had folks visit reached 60.  That makes simple me sitting in front of my wood stove feel very happy and humbled.

Everyone have a wonderful day.  I still have oranges speaking to me and need to do up some jam but for now the sewing project has captured my interest.  I will finish off the day with a soup made from the pot roast leftovers from Sunday.  Mom's favorite recipe for pot roast is to take a beef roast, add potatoes, onions and carrots, then add 2 packages of dried onion soup and one can of mushroom soup, salt and pepper and a couple cups of water all cooked for the day in the slow cooker.  It was yummy and lasted us two nights (even the two Dachshunds had some and licked the plates clean).  Since there are still some odds and ends and a tasty gravy, I will add some barley, celery, another onion, a few more seasonings and will turn it into a soup.  The roast was not fatty so there wasn't an overload of grease in the slow cooker. I think it will make a really good soup and will stretch the heck out of that roast we got for $1.99 a pound!

No comments: