Monday, August 24, 2009

Yakima Connection Fruit Stand Aug 24th


Just came back from my favorite produce stand, Yakima Connection on the corner of Carpenter Road and Mullen Road in Lacey. Garrett is beginning to get in lugs of fruit for canning. The produce comes in several times a week directly from farms in Yakima so it is fresh fresh fresh!


Bartlett Pears $12.98 for 20 lbs......thats .64/lb

Canning Tomatoes $12.98 for 26 lbs.....thats .50/lb

Peaches $18.95 for 20 lbs......thats .94/lb

Nectarines $18.95 for 20 lbs......thats .94/lb


Tuesday they are getting in a load of local sweet corn from Monroe, Washington. Garrett pulled back the husks of a piece and gave it to me to taste. It is sweet and could be eaten without cooking! Yummy. We have been eatting more corn than ever before this summer because it has been so good. I have not brought one ear home that was not delicious

Organic produce can be ordered. With a two day minimum notice, Garrett can have the organic produce waiting for you! Call him at 360-561-0523 or stop by and make an order.

I picked up 20 lbs of peaches and they are huge, ripe and ready for a canning class tonight! I might have to snag one before the students come.......shhhh don't tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great information. Lucky me I came across your site by chance (stumbleupon).
I have book-marked it for later!

Here is my website; how to file for Bankruptcy in florida