I was asked for the zucchini bread recipe that I use when I can zucchini bread. To be honest, I use a different one each time I make it. The one I have used the most can be found at llrecipes.com or http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Moms-Zucchini-Bread/Detail.aspx. Sometimes I add raisens or dried cranberries. The best thing about quick breads is the variety in ingredients that can be used successfully. Use your favorite recipe and give it a whirl.
Steps to Can Quick Bread
1. Warning - this method is for short term storage only
2. Sterilize wide mouth pint canning jars and set upside down to dry
3. Sterilize lids and rings
4. Make a batch of quick bread following your favorite recipe
5. Preheat the oven as directed
6. Fill warm sterilized jars with batter half full - do not overfill!
7. Clean rims
8. Put cookie sheet on middle shelf in preheated oven
9. Carefully place half full jars on cookie sheet making sure they are not touching
10. Bake as directed
11. Test for doneness with a cake tester
12. Quickly remove hot jars from oven and place on cake rack
13. Immediately cover with sterilized lids and tighten rings
14. As jars cool the lids will seal with a clink
15. When cooled carefully wipe off and clean exterior of jars
15. Any jars that do not successfully seal as evidenced by tight lid save in refrigerator and eat within two days. Date and label remaining jars.
Smile, you have just canned homemade quick bread! The bread will be moist and will have risen to a golden brown. Open jar and slide a clean knife carefully around bread to loosen. Sometimes I simply shake the jar and the bread pops out. Other times I have had to cut it in wedges to remove.