Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy Saint Patrick's Day


Happy St. Paddy's Day!  Since I consider my self a wee bit of a Foodie I thought I would capture some of the green things in my Pantry.  


From left to right back row first:


Spray Oil - used in baking.  I have some oatmeal banana muffins in the oven as I type.  I just halved the flour and added oatmeal and a bit of oat bran for more fiber.
Chicken Bullion - I buy it in this large container at the restaurant supply store and use if frequently in stead of liquid chicken stock.  Just mix some with water.  I also like to add a teaspoon to my rice for flavoring.  It lasts forever and is very inexpensive in such a large container.  This is one of my favorite things from the restaurant supply store.
Green Lid Containers - Came from a you know where!  I keep cracker snack packages in them and sometimes dog biscuits. 
Herbs - When I run out of my own herbs I buy them in large quantities at the restaurant supply store.  I use a lot of herbs when I cook so they don't last long and go bad.
Teas - I love tea especially different kinds.  We have a Tea Lady store with hundreds of unusual teas.  My current favorite is Blueberry Green Tea.
Zuchinni - That baby is a joke of sorts.  It is one of the largest I had last summer in the garden and I was keeping in my fruit bowl as a kind of joke/science project.  It is not edible now and will go to the compost pile today.  Enough is enough.
Kitchen Tools - I have green kitchen tools and antique kitchen tools with green handles.


Luke The Leprechaun 

Leeah Irish Lassie for a Day

I will be making a green slide show today and will  post the link when it is finished.  Now go and begin your corned beef and cabbage and irish soda bread and think of me!  Erin Go Bra-ugh 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Saint Patrick's Day. Where can you get Irish Soda bread?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.