Monday, August 10, 2009

Yakima Connection Fruit Stand


Yakima Connection is on the corner of Mullen Road and Carpenter Road in Lacey, Washington. Garret, the proprietor, brings farm fresh produce from across the Cascade Mountains in Yakima to our neighborhood at great prices. The corn has been fabulous this year and we have been enjoying it almost every evening.

This week they had boxes of nectarines for $8.99. Boxes are about 26 pounds so the nectarines were .36 a pound! I bought up 5 cases to can and make jam then called some good local networkers to get the word out. I also called a friend from the LDS church who is my canning buddy.

Tim came home and tasted the nectarines and said he is going back to buy more cases! Guess I know what I will be doing this week.

If you are in the area, I highly recommend stopping by and trying out their produce. Garrett will take orders for canning of regional produce. He is going to be my supplier this year rather than driving to the Farmer's Market. His prices are lower and I will save on gas and time. Sounds like a win-win for the Frugal Fraulein.

1 comment:

Serina said...

No way!- .36 cents a lb. What a deal! Boy, I wish you could send some my way! Love fresh fruit, fruit pie filling, fruit for tarts or cobblers, jam, jelly, juice, etc....